Monday, June 28, 2010

July Blocks

Hi All,

My month is July, so I thought I would get patriotic. I am super busy and I'm sure you all are too, so the blocks are very easy. I am asking that you make wonky star blocks in the tradition of Gwen Marston (from her book "Liberated Quiltmaking") and explained very nicely here.

My background fabric is Kona in white and the star points fabric is red and/or blue. I would like the center to be square (i.e., not wonky), but it can be off-center and the star points can be wonky. The points and/or the center can be pieced with different fabrics if you want. Or not - it's up to you.

I am including one center color and the "points" pieces plus the white (I didn't cut it so you can decide where within the white you want to place the center of the star). Please do feel free to add some red or blue from your stash - in fact, I'd love it if you would add your own fabric to it so that the blocks are more personalized. Since I'm fairly new to quilting and I don't have much of a stash, I purchased all of the fabric for this project (I have A LOT of pink for some reason, but not much red or blue) and cut the pieces about 4-1/2". Again, feel free to piece the points and/or the center (as long as it remains a square) and I've added some additional scraps for that purpose. You don't need to return any of the fabric.

If anyone is willing to make an extra block, please leave a comment and I'll send extra fabric. There's no pressure - I want this block to be easy.

I will put the packages in the mail in the next day or so. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment