Wednesday, December 23, 2009

getting to know me - liz

I am also a part of the original Fresh Comfort Bee so I am just going to post the same getting to know me stuff as I did over there.

I am so excited to be a part of this bee. This is the third bee I have joined and I am looking forward to making a lot of fun new blocks and learning new things. I am an almost 33 year old mom of 4 - 2 girls and 2 boys. I have been married for 12 1/2 years to my wonderful husband. We currently live in sunny Arizona while my husband goes to school. He is finished in April so we will see where we end up after that.

I honestly can not remember a time in my life when I was not sewing, stitching or crafting in some way or another. I had a babysitter teach me to cross stitch when I was 6. I remember my mom teaching me to embroider and to sew. I also learned to crochet from my grandmother. Of course, I also took home ec in jr high and high school. Until recently all of my jobs were in that field as well:a craft store, a fabric store, a scrapbook store. I guess you could say that crafting is in my blood :)

I have recently started quilting again after many years where scrapbooking was my primary craft. I am really enjoying the process and have been finishing some WIP's (some older than my marriage!) I have also enjoyed giving my quilt creations as gifts and the appreciation that my family and friends have for my homemade gifts.

I look forward to February and our first project together!

1 comment:

  1. my mother also taught me to embrioder, crafters are so generous, we all make for others before ourselves, i am glad to aid you in making a quilt for you, it is always the handmade that means to most!

    ReplyDelete